Windows 7 RC: Speed Up Aero Peek
Microsoft has updated the task bar in Windows 7, for the better. This new task bar includes a neat feature, Aero Peek, which previews the hovered item, but this feature requires 400 milliseconds of hovering before it is fired… For more people that might be fast enought, but for me this is way too long!
After about 5 minutes of Googling I found the solution:
- 1. Click on the Start Button and type in regedit and hit Enter.
- 2. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse.
- 3. Right click on MouseHoverTime and select Modify.
- 4. Set the new value. The default value is 400 milliseconds. I like to set mine to 100 for a 100 millisecond delay.
- 5. Once changed, click OK and restart your computer.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 13th, 2009 at 11:08 pm and is filed under Windows 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.